Tuesday 29 November 2011

My first attempts at doing caricatures

                                  
The drawing above is my caricature of the lovely Lynda, and below is the the photo I used as reference.
       
The Drawing above is my interpretation of the beautiful Miss Evans! And below is the photo I used as reference.             
 
I have always been facinated with how cartoonists can capture someones essance with the caricatures they do. I have read that a good caricature is not achieved by trying to do a 'style' of caricature, but rather, observe particular features that define the person you are drawing, then your own style will come through. I don't think I have done them cartoony but at the same time they are not so realistic. I think with more practice I will be able to pick out and exaggerate more features so the drawing has more depth to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment